Addressing Systemic Racism
Panelists discuss the legal sector’s role in combating the policies and practices that create and maintain racial discrimination.
- Nersan Govender, National Director, Legal Resources Centre
- Margareta Matache, Instructor and Director of the Roma Program, Harvard University FXB Center for Health and Human Rights
- Vincent Warren, Executive Director, Center for Constitutional Rights
Moderator: Jacquelyn MacLennan, Partner, White & Case
Conversation with Professor Rebecca Sandefur
Join the Association of Pro Bono Counsel in a conversation with sociologist Rebecca Sandefur, who investigates access to civil justice from every angle.
- Rebecca Sandefur, Professor in the School of Social and Family Dynamics, Arizona State University
- Anne Geraghty Helms, Director & Counsel, US Pro Bono Programs at DLA Piper
- Paul Yates, Counsel, Freshfields
The Justice Gap and the Legal Profession
Speakers discuss diversity in the legal profession, the use of data to measure access to justice, and innovative solutions for sustainable development — all to increase pro bono’s impact
Keynote Speaker: Dev Stahlkopf, Corporate Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Microsoft Corporation
- Elizabeth Andersen, Executive Director, World Justice Project
- Sarah E. Mendelson, Distinguished Service Professor of Public Policy, Head of Heinz College in DC, Carnegie Mellon University
Moderator: Garth Meintjes, Executive Director, PILnet
Spark Talks: Covid-19 and Legal Responses
Leilani Farah and Isabelle Granger discuss the legal response in their respective fields to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Covid-19 Housing Crisis
- Speaker: Leilani Farha, Global Director, The Shift, former UN Special Rapporteur on the right to adequate housing
IFRC Disaster Law and Covid-19
- Speaker: Isabelle Granger, Legislative Advocacy Coordinator, International Federation of the Red Cross
Mobilizing the Global Legal Community to Protect and Find Solutions for Refugees and Forcibly Displaced
Join PILnet, UNHCR, and other partners to learn more about the joint pledge made at the 2019 Global Refugee Forum and to discuss how to contribute to PILnet and partners’ collaborative project on forced displacement.
- Lynette Nam, Partnerships Manager, Justice Center Hong Kong
- Jasmine Simperingham, Global Project Coordinator, PILnet
- Shahrzad Tadjbakhsh, Deputy Director in Division of International Protection, UNHCR
Moderator: Julia Mayerhofer, Director for Asia, PILnet