“CLEAR-Rights: enhancing legal assistance for children in Europe” is a new project funded by the Justice Programme of the European Union. This 24-month project runs from January 2021 until January 2023 and is being coordinated by the Regional Office of Terre des hommes in Europe. It is implemented in partnership with the Alliance of Lawyers for Human Rights, Defence for Children Belgium, Defence for Children the Netherlands, PILnet and Terre des hommes Romania. The project’s main aim is to improve equal access to a lawyer for children suspected or accused of crime, through strengthening access to quality and specialized government-funded legal aid and pro bono legal assistance, in line with Articles 6 and 18 of Directive 2016/800/EU.
The general objective of the consultancy is to review in particular as relevant for the Hungarian context the following documents:
- Provide feedback and input on the Methodology for the Guidelines and Quality standards for child friendly legal assistance prepared by partner organization
- Provide feedback and input to the draft Guidelines and Quality standards on child-friendly legal assistance prepared by partner
- Provide feedback on the draft document entitled Accreditation criteria for child friendly legal assistance
- Actively participate at online meetings during the period of the consultancy (at least 2) with partner organisations and provide input on the documents listed above
- Advanced degree in the field of law or criminology, juvenile justice or children’s rights or equivalent with strong research and analysis component.
- Proven experience in conducting international-level needs assessments and reviews to feed into strategic and operational planning, particularly in the field of child justice and children’s rights
- Demonstrated ability to synthesise and critically analyse a wide range of material from primary and secondary data sources and to present information in a concise yet thorough form.
- Knowledge of child justice and legal aid projects and networks in the Europe region is an asset
- Knowledge of the Hungarian criminal and juvenile justice system
- Excellent oral and written skills in Hungarian and English.
How to apply:
The contractor must be able to issue invoices with tax registration. All candidates should please send the following documents to: Giulia Patane at [email protected] copying Krisztina Molnar at [email protected] by 30 September 2021:
- A Cover Letter, specifying your experience
- Updated CV in English,
- A financial offer in EURO stating your daily fee
Please include “CLEAR-Rights, Consultancy Guidelines, Quality standards and Accreditation criteria, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.