Executive and Development Assistant (New York)
PILnet is a global non-governmental organization that creates opportunities for social change by unlocking law’s full potential. With programs in Europe & Eurasia, Asia, and at the global level, PILnet builds networks and collaborations of public and private lawyers who understand how law works when it serves the interests of the privileged, and then uses that knowledge to strengthen civil society and the communities they serve.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Based in New York and reporting to the Executive Director and Deputy Director, the Executive and Development Assistant works closely with senior staff, the Board of Directors, and teams across three international offices to provide administrative and development support for the organization, as well as some program and communications assistance as needed.
The Executive and Development Assistant will apply his or her organizational and technical skills, education, and experience to the following duties.
- Assist with the Executive Director and Deputy Director’s day-to-day operations by maintaining their schedules, drafting correspondence, note-taking, and carrying out follow up actions;
- Provide general office management and HR support to New York and global staff;
- Prepare and complete operation procedures for Executive Director and Deputy Director’s travel, including making travel arrangements, organizing schedules, preparing briefing materials, and managing expense reports and reimbursements;
- Provide administrative and technological support for quarterly Board of Directors and advisory committee meetings, including preparing and distributing board meeting book and other materials; and
- Other tasks as requested by the Executive Director and Deputy Director.
- Assist the Deputy Director in maintaining corporate sponsor relationships by maintaining accurate donor files, monitoring and documenting all contributions, and corresponding with corporate sponsors according to donor cycles;
- Maintain and update donor database;
- Assist with collecting data for an annual valuation process of pro bono conducted by law firms for PILnet’s nonprofit clients;
- Assist in planning development events such as donor cultivation parties; provide support for funder site visits and other events; and
- Other tasks as requested by the Deputy Director.
- Assist with drafting and designing communications materials, such as newsletters, email campaigns, and website content; and
- Provide administrative support for the PILnet Fellowship program by reviewing incoming applications, assisting with the selection process, and onboarding fellows.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills; must be able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with tight deadlines (both short- and long-term) within a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across cultures, including with a multi-national staff, board, fellows, and external partners
- Ability to manage confidential information and documents with discretion;
- Proficient in Google apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.) and/or Microsoft Suite; familiarity with CiviCRM a plus; and
- Experience supporting senior executives preferred.
Salary range $40,000-$45,000 + benefits, including generous vacation time. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Applications will be reviewed as received and candidates interviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position and how you meet the job qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Executive and Development Assistant” in the subject line. Applications must include cover letters to be reviewed.