Domestalliance primarily aims to enhance the foreign domestic worker (“FDW”) community’s resilience through empowering them to know and enforce their legal rights, with an ancillary goal of fostering a harmonious working environment between FDWs and employers.To achieve this, Domestalliance positions itself as a middleman in the current ecosystem, fills existing gaps and engages different stakeholders (mainly NGOs and FDWs) via initiatives such as a one-stop-shop website, social media, community talks and NGO support.
- To empower the FDW community to develop self-resilience by letting FDWs know their rights and how they can enforce their rights; and
- To facilitate the self-cultivation of a healthy, non-adversarial and harmonious working relationship between FDWs and their employers.
- Chui Tin Chau, The University of Hong Kong
- Lee Chun Sing, The University of Hong Kong
- Leung Ho Hei Frederick, The University of Hong Kong
- Lo Kwan Yiu Geoff, The University of Hong Kong
- Yip Hiu Ming Meredith, The University of Hong Kong