L-E-T’s BEGAIN aims to tackle the unfair treatment and exploitation faced by subdivided flat tenants through pre-contractual negotiation. Most of subdivided flat tenants have little legal awareness and bargaining power compared to landlords. As litigation is timely and costly, pre-contractual negotiation is the key to protect tenants’ interests.
- To increase the subdivided flat tenants’ awareness on the impact of contractual terms and encourage them to consider pre-contractual negotiation;
- To negotiate a fairer contract that states clearly the rights and liabilities of the tenants and landlords; and
- To achieve a long-term and sustainable platform in behavioral change.
- Lau Ka Yiu, The University of Hong Kong
- Lo Long Ching, The University of Hong Kong
- Mak Chun Kei Ryan, The University of Hong Kong
- Ngai Wing Sze, The University of Hong Kong
- Tsang Chun Wai, The University of Hong Kong