The Save Our Restaurants (SOR) team provides a platform for tenant and landlord to have free mediation over rental issues under the covid-19 pandemic. In particular, they provide practical, efficient and creative solutions to the tenant and landlord to establish a sustainable business for both parties. The proposed project is a 18-month long program and is divided into 5 stages. Team SOR will recruit law students, law graduates or other suitable individuals as volunteer mediators, to serve to benefit the tenants and landlords in need at large.
- To help existing small and independent restaurant tenants in Hong Kong to survive by offering to act as a mediator between them and the landlord on the rental issues; and
- To find common ground and provide win-win solutions between restaurant tenants and landlords in relation to issues relating to rent.
- Chan Yin Cheung, City University of Hong Kong
- Chen Yipin, City University of Hong Kong
- Cheng Hoi Ki, City University of Hong Kong
- Lam Tsun Fung Alex, City University of Hong Kong
- Wong Ka Yi City University of Hong Kong