Employees’ Compensation Personal Injuries Network (“EC-PIN”) is a student-led pro bono legal project, which strives for easy protection of workers’ rights to injury compensation. With 3 main components, this project aims to empower both workers whose right to employees’ compensation is statutorily protected and workers whose rights have not been recognized.
- To empower all workers through equipping them with knowledge of their right to injury compensation and tools to help them exercise this right;
- To raise public awareness of the inadequate support given to workers, especially gig workers, and the law of employee compensation; and
- To collaborate with non-governmental organizations (NGOs), councillors and lawyers to put forward policy proposals to protect workers who are currently not statutorily protected, particularly gig workers.
- Chau Yun Hang, The University of Hong Kong
- Chen Yung, The University of Hong Kong
- Lee Vivian Wei, The University of Hong Kong
- Leung Hoi Yan Holly, The University of Hong Kong
- Wong Julie, The University of Hong Kong